Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New York News
Wed November 28, 2012
Trust Files Suit Over Foreclosure Action
The battle over disputed foreclosed lands has led to a lawsuit in the NYS Supreme Court.
Clinton County plans to sell foreclosed lands during an on-line auction Friday.
The Turtle Island Trust filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of Clinton County’s foreclosure actions.
Gare Smith, an attorney representing the trust, says Clinton County’s move is unprecedented.
Clinton County officials claim the lands were originally leased to the trust.