Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New York News
Wed November 28, 2012
Trust Files Suit Over Foreclosure Action
The battle over disputed foreclosed lands has led to a lawsuit in the NYS Supreme Court.
Clinton County plans to sell foreclosed lands during an on-line auction Friday.
The Turtle Island Trust filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of Clinton County’s foreclosure actions.
Gare Smith, an attorney representing the trust, says Clinton County’s move is unprecedented.
Clinton County officials claim the lands were originally leased to the trust.