Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Wed November 28, 2012
Trust Files Suit Over Foreclosure Action
The battle over disputed foreclosed lands has led to a lawsuit in the NYS Supreme Court.
Clinton County plans to sell foreclosed lands during an on-line auction Friday.
The Turtle Island Trust filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of Clinton County’s foreclosure actions.
Gare Smith, an attorney representing the trust, says Clinton County’s move is unprecedented.
Clinton County officials claim the lands were originally leased to the trust.