Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Wed November 28, 2012
Trust Files Suit Over Foreclosure Action
The battle over disputed foreclosed lands has led to a lawsuit in the NYS Supreme Court.
Clinton County plans to sell foreclosed lands during an on-line auction Friday.
The Turtle Island Trust filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of Clinton County’s foreclosure actions.
Gare Smith, an attorney representing the trust, says Clinton County’s move is unprecedented.
Clinton County officials claim the lands were originally leased to the trust.