Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Hudson Valley News
Tue August 7, 2012
Tuition Increase Planned at Westchester Community College
Tuition at Westchester County Community College will increase by $130 in the new academic year as the County Board of Legislators Monday approved a $27.8 million budget. Tuition will go up to $4,280.
The vote was unanimous, although Legislator Lyndon Williams expressed concern about the rise in tuition, saying it could place a hardship on those with limited incomes.
“The students who attend Westchester Community College are students who are struggling economically", Williams said. "They are trying as hard as possible to get an education to go into the workforce and to be act toward economic revitalization and stimulate our economy.”
The state’s share of the spending plan will be $23.8 million. Students contribute $39 million and the county share will be just under $799,000.