Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Hudson Valley News
Tue August 7, 2012
Tuition Increase Planned at Westchester Community College
Tuition at Westchester County Community College will increase by $130 in the new academic year as the County Board of Legislators Monday approved a $27.8 million budget. Tuition will go up to $4,280.
The vote was unanimous, although Legislator Lyndon Williams expressed concern about the rise in tuition, saying it could place a hardship on those with limited incomes.
“The students who attend Westchester Community College are students who are struggling economically", Williams said. "They are trying as hard as possible to get an education to go into the workforce and to be act toward economic revitalization and stimulate our economy.”
The state’s share of the spending plan will be $23.8 million. Students contribute $39 million and the county share will be just under $799,000.