Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Sun March 10, 2013
Tupper Lake Mayor Paul Maroun - Adirondack Development
The mayor of Tupper Lake is optimistic that his village will soon blossom as an economic powerhouse in the center of the Adirondacks. But first a major development project, the Adirondack Club and Resort, must clear a court challenge.
Village of Tupper Lake Mayor Paul Maroun talks about development potential at the “Crossroads of the Adirondacks” and his frustrations over repeated development obstructions.
Mayor Paul Maroun says income levels in Tupper Lake are holding steady thanks to the state-run Sunmount rehabilitation center. But downtown business is sluggish as merchants and developers await the fate of the largest proposed development project for the Adirondacks.
Republican Paul Maroun is also a Franklin County legislator.