Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
New York News
Sun March 10, 2013
Tupper Lake Mayor Paul Maroun - Adirondack Development
The mayor of Tupper Lake is optimistic that his village will soon blossom as an economic powerhouse in the center of the Adirondacks. But first a major development project, the Adirondack Club and Resort, must clear a court challenge.
Village of Tupper Lake Mayor Paul Maroun talks about development potential at the “Crossroads of the Adirondacks” and his frustrations over repeated development obstructions.
Mayor Paul Maroun says income levels in Tupper Lake are holding steady thanks to the state-run Sunmount rehabilitation center. But downtown business is sluggish as merchants and developers await the fate of the largest proposed development project for the Adirondacks.
Republican Paul Maroun is also a Franklin County legislator.