Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Fri May 31, 2013
"Twin Peaks" Alum Ray Wise Celebrates Turn Among "All These Devils" In Hollywood
Actor Ray Wise is a familiar face on stage and screen, who first became known to a national audience more than three decades ago thanks to roles on shows like Dallas, T.J. Hooker, Trapper John, L.A. Law, Knots Landing, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and countless others.
In recent years, Wise played Ed Baxter on Mad Men and had a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother, in addition to an acclaimed turn as the troubled news reporter Don Hollenbeck in the Best Picture Oscar-nominated Good Night and Good Luck, which received an Outstanding Cast nomination at the Screen Actors Guild awards. On Broadway, Wise has appeared in Romeo and Juliet, The Hairy Ape, and Tartuffe.
Wise first shot to fame as Leland Palmer, the distressed father of Laura Palmer, on David Lynch’s Twin Peaks, and has since played judges, a Congressman, a vice president, doctors, and various clergy.
On the other side of the coin, he has portrayed the devil on the popular series Reaper, which this week celebrated a cast reunion ahead of the season one FEARnet premiere of Reaper on June 4 at 9 p.m. eastern.