Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri May 31, 2013
"Twin Peaks" Alum Ray Wise Celebrates Turn Among "All These Devils" In Hollywood
Actor Ray Wise is a familiar face on stage and screen, who first became known to a national audience more than three decades ago thanks to roles on shows like Dallas, T.J. Hooker, Trapper John, L.A. Law, Knots Landing, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and countless others.
In recent years, Wise played Ed Baxter on Mad Men and had a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother, in addition to an acclaimed turn as the troubled news reporter Don Hollenbeck in the Best Picture Oscar-nominated Good Night and Good Luck, which received an Outstanding Cast nomination at the Screen Actors Guild awards. On Broadway, Wise has appeared in Romeo and Juliet, The Hairy Ape, and Tartuffe.
Wise first shot to fame as Leland Palmer, the distressed father of Laura Palmer, on David Lynch’s Twin Peaks, and has since played judges, a Congressman, a vice president, doctors, and various clergy.
On the other side of the coin, he has portrayed the devil on the popular series Reaper, which this week celebrated a cast reunion ahead of the season one FEARnet premiere of Reaper on June 4 at 9 p.m. eastern.