Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Tue December 4, 2012
Two Charged Following UVM Stabbings
Police say a plan to rob a University of Vermont student of drugs has resulted in two arrests, two stabbings and a beating.
UVM Police said two men traveled from Pittsburgh, Pa., over the weekend to visit a friend at the university and discussed a plan to rob an acquaintance of drugs.
They said 19-year-old Joshua Mossburg of Pittsburgh, who was waiting in an SUV, was arrested on charges of assault and robbery. He was arraigned Tuesday.
Police said UVM student Jarrett Clark stabbed two others after he was jumped by them and hit in the head. All three were hospitalized.
The 19-year-old Clark was treated and released for his injuries. He also was arrested on a charge of selling LSD.
Police are still investigating.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.