Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Mon June 11, 2012
Two Dead after Ten Shootings in Hartford
Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra plans to meet with the city's acting police chief to discuss a weekend of violence in which 10 people were shot and two of them killed.
Police say a 16-year-old from Windsor and a 24-year-old Hartford man were found shot to death Saturday in separate incidents.
The Hartford Courant reports the teenager was found unresponsive in the driveway of a multifamily home on Thomaston Street at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Twenty-four-year-old Michael Bailey Jr. of Bloomfield was found in a parking lot on Ashley Street with multiple gunshot wounds just after 2 a.m. Saturday. Eight people were wounded in other shootings.
Segarra says he's hoping it was just a bad weekend.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.