Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Mon August 23, 2010
Two Democrats Run For Northwestern DA
By Paul Tuthill
Northampton, MA – Two Democrats are running in the September 14th primary in Massachusetts for Northwestern District Attorney. The office is the chief law enforcement officer in Hampshire and Franklin Counties as well as the town of Athol in Worcester County. The incumbent is retiring after almost two decades in office. There are no other announced candidates, so the winner of the Democratic primary will likely assume the office.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill spoke with the two candidates. Here is his interview with Michael Cahillane, who is currently an assistant prosecutor in the Northwestern District Attorney's office.....