Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
New England News
Mon August 18, 2014
Two Die In Separate Motorcycle Crashes In Conn.
Two men were killed after losing control of their motorcycles in separate accidents in Litchfield and Bethel, Connecticut.
State police say 50-year-old Jay Coffey of Watertown crashed his motorcycle on Route 254 in Litchfield at about 5 p.m. Sunday. Troopers say the bike struck some wood posts and Coffey was ejected. He was later pronounced dead at Waterbury Hospital.
Bethel police say another man died after he crashed his motorcycle into a traffic island on Mansfield Street on Sunday afternoon. He later died at Danbury Hospital. His name hasn't been released.
Police are trying to determine the causes of the accidents and are asking witnesses to come forward.
A third crash in West Haven seriously injured a man and a woman after police say the driver lost control Sunday evening.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
New York News