Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Herbert London: Anti-Zionism At Northeastern
Thu August 16, 2012
Two Safe After Small Plane Crash in Adirondack Lake
The plane went down in Gull Lake in the Herkimer County town of Webb, about 60 miles northeast of Syracuse.
State police say the two people on board weren't seriously hurt.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise reports that two New York Air National Guard Blackhawks were on a training mission when mayday calls came in about the accident at about 9 a.m. Thursday and helped rescue the two people.
The helicopters took them to the U.S. Army's Fort Drum to be checked out.
State environmental regulators will check for any contamination from the accident. Federal aviation safety experts are on their way to investigate.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.