Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Mon January 14, 2013
Two Separate Housing Initiatives are Unveiled
A town in New York’s Hudson Valley has a new affordable housing initiative, while officials across the river want more first-time homebuyers in their Hudson Valley city.
Officials from the Dutchess County Town of Rhinebeck and Hudson River Housing will provide details Tuesday on a new workforce housing initiative to sell affordable housing units at The Gardens at Rhinebeck.
And across the river in Ulster County on Friday, City of Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo and others will talk about the need for more homebuyers in the city, and how to make that happen. They’ll talk about programs exclusive to Kingston and have on hand a locally-produced DVD showing the benefits of first-time home ownership.