Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu September 23, 2004
Two Towns , Two Reactions To PCB Plan
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – As plans move forward for the dredging of PCB's from the upper Hudson River, two communities have had very different eactions to the possibility of being the location of a de-watering facility. The site would be where the PCB-laden sediment taken from the river would be processed before it is shipped out to landfills. WAMC'S Brian Shields reports.