Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Wed June 20, 2012
Tyner’s Campaign Treasurer Resigns, Alleges Misuse of Funds
A treasurer for Joel Tyner’s campaign has resigned and accused the 19th district congressional candidate of misusing campaign funds. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The Times-Herald Record reports that campaign treasurer Misha Fredericks says Tyner’s cash-on-hand claim is off by more than $5,200.
In an interview with the Poughkeepsie Journal, Fredericks says she had continuously asked Tyner to produce receipts in order to account for the missing money, but the receipts she received did not match the money withdrawn.
Fredericks says she’s been raising concerns about discrepancies between reported expenditures and receipts since she was brought on to manage Tyner’s campaign finances in April.
Tyner has called the allegations “a desperate act of political sabotage,” and plans to address the accusations at a news conference later today.
Tyner is battling Julian Schreibman in Tuesday’s Democratic Primary for the right to challenge Republican U.S. Representative Chris Gibson in the newly redrawn 19th congressional district.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.