Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri May 23, 2003
U-Mass Expert Discusses Middle Eastern Terrorism
By Arlen Cellana
Amherst, MA – With the United States entering yet another holiday period at a heightened security alert and a spate of highly organized bombings rocking the Middle East, Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana turned to University of Massachusetts at Amherst Assistant Professor David Mednicoff for a discussion of how the U.S. should respond to these terrorist acts and what we might expect in the future. Mednicoff says last week's bombings in Morocco and Saudi Arabia raise two important points.