Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri May 23, 2003
U-Mass Expert Discusses Middle Eastern Terrorism
By Arlen Cellana
Amherst, MA – With the United States entering yet another holiday period at a heightened security alert and a spate of highly organized bombings rocking the Middle East, Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana turned to University of Massachusetts at Amherst Assistant Professor David Mednicoff for a discussion of how the U.S. should respond to these terrorist acts and what we might expect in the future. Mednicoff says last week's bombings in Morocco and Saudi Arabia raise two important points.