Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed February 16, 2005
UC Supports Rejection of Indian Point Re-licensing
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – Ulster County legislators voted in favor of a resolution calling on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to reject the re-licensing of Indian Point's nuclear power plants. Though this process is years away for Indian Point, those who support the resolution say it helps lay the groundwork to prevent the process. Some legislators say the vote was premature, and based on one side of the issue. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.