Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed February 16, 2005
UC Supports Rejection of Indian Point Re-licensing
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – Ulster County legislators voted in favor of a resolution calling on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to reject the re-licensing of Indian Point's nuclear power plants. Though this process is years away for Indian Point, those who support the resolution say it helps lay the groundwork to prevent the process. Some legislators say the vote was premature, and based on one side of the issue. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.