Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed May 19, 2004
UCS Report: Aging Nuclear Reactors are a Risk
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – A report out by an independent, non-profit group of scientists says safety hazards are growing at the nation's commercial nuclear plants because reactors are aging and wearing out. The report's author says lax oversight by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission isn't helping. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison has more.