Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue July 12, 2005
Ulster County DA Backs Off West Case
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – New Paltz, New York, Mayor Jason West will not face trial relating to the two dozen misdemeanor counts against him for marrying same-sex couples without a license. The reason is because Ulster County's District Attorney says there is no need to move forward with the case against the mayor given the state of affairs. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.