Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue July 12, 2005
Ulster County DA Backs Off West Case
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – New Paltz, New York, Mayor Jason West will not face trial relating to the two dozen misdemeanor counts against him for marrying same-sex couples without a license. The reason is because Ulster County's District Attorney says there is no need to move forward with the case against the mayor given the state of affairs. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.