Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Tue August 28, 2012
Ulster County Executive Mike Hein
One year ago today, Tropical Storm Irene moved into the northeast leaving flooding and destruction on a scale rarely seen in the region.
Homes and farmland were washed away, bridges and roads were destroyed, and trees and power lines were leveled leaving hundreds of thousands of people without service for days , and even weeks .
Just a few weeks later, Tropical Storm Lee moved through compounding the damage, and slowing the recovery. Ulster County New York was hit hard by the weather. Ulster County Executive Mike Hein has high praise for the first responders, and state officials. He spoke with WAMC’s Brian Shields.