Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Tue August 28, 2012
Ulster County Executive Mike Hein
One year ago today, Tropical Storm Irene moved into the northeast leaving flooding and destruction on a scale rarely seen in the region.
Homes and farmland were washed away, bridges and roads were destroyed, and trees and power lines were leveled leaving hundreds of thousands of people without service for days , and even weeks .
Just a few weeks later, Tropical Storm Lee moved through compounding the damage, and slowing the recovery. Ulster County New York was hit hard by the weather. Ulster County Executive Mike Hein has high praise for the first responders, and state officials. He spoke with WAMC’s Brian Shields.