Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Hudson Valley News
Tue September 25, 2012
Ulster County Lyme Task Force Issues Report
Increased awareness of the signs and treatment of Lyme disease are among the recommendations of a special task force created by the Ulster County Legislature.
The report was presented to Legislator Robert Aiello, chairman of the Health Committee.
Among the recommendations were a medical provider survey to establish baseline data for educational needs for program development and development of an education conference for medical providers for treatment and diagnosis of the disease.
“I think having a medical or health professional forum would be the next step and a good direction in trying to get people on the same page,” he said. “I think that’s critical.”
Aiello said he would also seek $30,000 in the county budget to develop the educational programs for Lyme disease detection, prevention and treatment.