Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri August 11, 2006
Ulster County wants to raise hotel, mortgage tax
By Julia Taylor
Kingston, NY – In an effort to close a budget gap and keep from raising property taxes, the Ulster County Legislature in New York is working to raise other kinds of taxes. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Julia Taylor has this report.