Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Hudson Valley News
Mon July 22, 2013
Ulster Lawmakers To Approve Flood Buyout Money
KINGSTON – The Ulster County Legislature this week will approve an additional $1.5 million in state funds for the purchase and demolition of homes damaged by flooding.
Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Gerentine said state is providing additional dollars for the buyout program.
“It was additional money that we did not have before. There was talk about it, but this is the actual bond itself and the money to move forward with it,” Gerentine said.
The state and New York City Department of Environmental Protection have already put up millions to purchase homes that have flooded, mostly in the Wawarsing area.
The homes bought in the voluntary program, were leveled with the land to remain forever wild thereafter.