Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Wed February 8, 2006
UMASS Leading Program to Create Animal Vaccines
By Dan Bobkoff
AMHERST, MA – While avian flu and mad cow disease continue to capture attention, there are dozens of other ailments that affect the animals in the food supply. Now the University of Massachusetts Amherst is spearheading a new effort to combat many of these diseases.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports from UMASS's Hadley Farm.