Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed April 28, 2004
UMass SARS Drug Heads to China
By Kelly Wilkinson
Worcester, MA – Scientists at the University of Massachusetts Medical School - in partnership with other organizations - have shipped a new SARS drug to China. This comes as hundreds of Chinese have been quarentined in an effort to prevent further spread of the SARS virus that broke out again this past week. So far, Chinese officials say there have been two confirmed cases and six suspected cases in the past week. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson has more.