Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 28, 2004
UMass SARS Drug Heads to China
By Kelly Wilkinson
Worcester, MA – Scientists at the University of Massachusetts Medical School - in partnership with other organizations - have shipped a new SARS drug to China. This comes as hundreds of Chinese have been quarentined in an effort to prevent further spread of the SARS virus that broke out again this past week. So far, Chinese officials say there have been two confirmed cases and six suspected cases in the past week. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson has more.