Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Thu January 17, 2013
Uncle Al Capone
Deirdre Marie Capone is Al Capone's grandniece and is author of the new memoir, Uncle Al Capone - The Untold Story from Inside His Family. The book is a portrait of the Capone family and its mob trade examines what it has meant to survive the storied legacy of the family's forebears.
As Capone traces the arc of regret and what fuels the Capone myth, she finds redemption and a way to coexist with her legacy. Using years of research and exhaustive interviews with her aunts, uncles, and cousins, she weaves an engaging anecdotal narrative of what it meant to be a Capone, what it meant to lose her father to suicide, and what it meant to have a mother who lived in constant fear.