Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New England News
Thu March 9, 2006
Union Head Critical of Springfield Contract Offer
By Dan Bobkoff
SPRINGFIEld, MA – The head of Springfield, Massachusetts's Control Board unveiled new contracts for the cash-strapped city's police and firefighters yesterday. Officials say the contracts are the best the city can offer. But some union leaders are not satisfied.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.