Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New England News
Thu March 9, 2006
Union Head Critical of Springfield Contract Offer
By Dan Bobkoff
SPRINGFIEld, MA – The head of Springfield, Massachusetts's Control Board unveiled new contracts for the cash-strapped city's police and firefighters yesterday. Officials say the contracts are the best the city can offer. But some union leaders are not satisfied.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.