Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
WAMC New England News
Thu March 9, 2006
Union Head Critical of Springfield Contract Offer
By Dan Bobkoff
SPRINGFIEld, MA – The head of Springfield, Massachusetts's Control Board unveiled new contracts for the cash-strapped city's police and firefighters yesterday. Officials say the contracts are the best the city can offer. But some union leaders are not satisfied.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.