Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Thu March 9, 2006
Union Head Critical of Springfield Contract Offer
By Dan Bobkoff
SPRINGFIEld, MA – The head of Springfield, Massachusetts's Control Board unveiled new contracts for the cash-strapped city's police and firefighters yesterday. Officials say the contracts are the best the city can offer. But some union leaders are not satisfied.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story.