Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Mon December 3, 2012
Union Institute Closes Montpelier Offices
Union Institute and University is closing its Montpelier operations and consolidating its Vermont footprint in Brattleboro.
The move, to be completed by June, comes as the four-year liberal arts school reduces its weekend residency programs and relies more on online classes.
The Cincinnati-based school has two campuses in California, one in Florida and will go from two to one in Vermont.
The school sold its Montpelier property — on the campus of the former Vermont College — to the Vermont College of Fine Arts several years ago and had been renting space there since then.
Union spokeswoman Carolyn Krause says students currently enrolled in the Montpelier-based programs will be asked to transfer to Brattleboro or complete their course work online.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.