Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Fri May 20, 2011
Union Radio Ad Faults Senator Brown on Medicare Stand
Boston, MA – A health care workers union is launching a radio ad faulting Senator Scott Brown for saying he supports a Republican budget that would turn Medicare into a voucher system. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
The union says it hopes to persuade Brown to vote against the budget.
Brown's position has evolved in recent days.
On Tuesday, the Massachusetts Republican said in a statement that he favors the direction Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan's budget takes toward reducing spending, But Brown declined, through a spokesman, to say if he backs the Medicare overhaul or would vote for the budget.
Brown's comments came four days after he told a luncheon crowd in Georgetown that he would vote for the budget.
His spokesman says it's not surprising that special interest groups opposed to Brown would run "misleading and untrue attacks."
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.