Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri March 5, 2004
Universal Health Care Resolutions Strongly Approved
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A Town Meeting Day resolution asking to create a universal health care system in Vermont was strongly approved by voters. Advocates hope the overwhelming support will send a message to Vermont lawmakers that they need to start working on a health care system that would provide coverage to everyone in the Green Mountain State. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.