Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Fri March 5, 2004
Universal Health Care Resolutions Strongly Approved
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A Town Meeting Day resolution asking to create a universal health care system in Vermont was strongly approved by voters. Advocates hope the overwhelming support will send a message to Vermont lawmakers that they need to start working on a health care system that would provide coverage to everyone in the Green Mountain State. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.