Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Wed October 31, 2012
University Backs Out Of Deal For Free Campus
An Arizona college has backed out of a deal for a free 217 acre campus in western Massachusetts. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Just five weeks after Grand Canyon University was named recipient of the Northfield Mount Herman School campus a spokesman confirmed the deal is off. The for-profit Christian college had planned to spend $150 million to eventually host 5,000 students. But the spokesman said further review uncovered tens of millions of dollars in extra costs and he said there was significant local resistance . Steve Green, whose family owns the campus said they were disheartened by the decision, but would begin a new search to give away the property.