Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Wed October 31, 2012
University Backs Out Of Deal For Free Campus
An Arizona college has backed out of a deal for a free 217 acre campus in western Massachusetts. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Just five weeks after Grand Canyon University was named recipient of the Northfield Mount Herman School campus a spokesman confirmed the deal is off. The for-profit Christian college had planned to spend $150 million to eventually host 5,000 students. But the spokesman said further review uncovered tens of millions of dollars in extra costs and he said there was significant local resistance . Steve Green, whose family owns the campus said they were disheartened by the decision, but would begin a new search to give away the property.