Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Tue October 9, 2012
University of Vermont Formally Installs New President
With pomp and ceremony, E. Thomas Sullivan has been formally installed as the University of Vermont’s 26th President.
During the recent installation, Vermont’s largest college welcomed a number of prominent speakers, including the state’s Governor and U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders. Also attending was former U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale.
Thomas Sullivan comes to the University of Vermont following 15 years at the University of Minnesota, where he was Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. University of Minnesota President Emeritus Robert Bruininks says Sullivan promoted positive changes there.
The keynote address for Thomas Sullivan’s installation was a co-worker and alumnus of the University of Minnesota, former Vice President of the U.S. Walter Mondale.
E.Thomas Sullivan took the office and began working as UVM President in July.
Audio courtesy of the University of Vermont”s webcast of the proceedings.