Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Tue October 9, 2012
University of Vermont Formally Installs New President
With pomp and ceremony, E. Thomas Sullivan has been formally installed as the University of Vermont’s 26th President.
During the recent installation, Vermont’s largest college welcomed a number of prominent speakers, including the state’s Governor and U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders. Also attending was former U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale.
Thomas Sullivan comes to the University of Vermont following 15 years at the University of Minnesota, where he was Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. University of Minnesota President Emeritus Robert Bruininks says Sullivan promoted positive changes there.
The keynote address for Thomas Sullivan’s installation was a co-worker and alumnus of the University of Minnesota, former Vice President of the U.S. Walter Mondale.
E.Thomas Sullivan took the office and began working as UVM President in July.
Audio courtesy of the University of Vermont”s webcast of the proceedings.