Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New York News
Tue May 21, 2013
University of Vermont Hires New Provost from NY School
The University of Vermont is getting a new provost from New York's Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
David V. Rosowsky is currently the dean of engineering at RPI. His appointment as provost at UVM was announced Monday.
Rosowsky will succeed interim provost Robert Low, who assumed the position after former provost Jane Knodell resigned.
The provost is the second highest ranking executive at the university after the president.
In his first year on the job Rosowsky will be making $375,000 a year, plus benefits.
UVM President Thomas Sullivan says the provost needs to be a highly accomplished scholar as well as an inspirational and collaborative leader.
At RPI, Rosowsky oversees 160 faculty members, more than 100 staffers, about 3,000 undergraduates and 700 graduate students.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.