Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Mon May 27, 2013
UPDATED 7:30 pm: All-clear given after Brooklyn Bridge closure
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City police have given an all-clear after an abandoned vehicle closed the Brooklyn Bridge at the tail end of the Memorial Day long weekend.
Police say the Dodge Durango found stopped along the Manhattan-bound side of the span had no license plates when they investigated Monday evening.
Investigators say they received the call around 5:15 p.m. and halted traffic in both directions around 6 p.m. Police gave the all-clear as of 7 p.m.
The New York Police Department's bomb squad and other investigators headed to the area to check out the car. Television footage showed police trucks stationed on the empty span near the blue SUV as traffic backed up on nearby roadways.
The bridge has been closed before because of suspicious packages.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.