Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New York News
Fri August 10, 2012
Upstate NY man kicked by escaped horse dies
Authorities say a 64-year-old upstate New York man trying to corral an escaped horse died after being struck by the leaping animal's hooves. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports.
Emergency officials tell the Times-Union of Albany that James Bodnar was driving near Saratoga Springs Thursday evening when he noticed that two horses had escaped from a nearby farm. When he stopped to help a friend bring the horses under control, one of them charged Bodnar and jumped over him, striking him in the chest and head.
The Schuylerville resident went into cardiac arrest and later died at a local hospital.
© 2012 ASSOCIATED PRESS