Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Capital District News
Mon December 3, 2012
Upstate NY marine killed by gunfire in Afghanistan
A 26-year-old Marine from upstate New York has been killed in Afghanistan. More from WAMC’s Dave Lucas.
Relatives of Lance Cpl. Anthony Denier tell Albany-area media outlets he was killed by enemy fire on Saturday. Denier was from the Saratoga County city of Mechanicville and joined the Marines 18 months ago. He was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and was deployed to Afghanistan in October.His body is expected to be returned to the U.S. on Thursday. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.