Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Capital District News
Mon December 3, 2012
Upstate NY marine killed by gunfire in Afghanistan
A 26-year-old Marine from upstate New York has been killed in Afghanistan. More from WAMC’s Dave Lucas.
Relatives of Lance Cpl. Anthony Denier tell Albany-area media outlets he was killed by enemy fire on Saturday. Denier was from the Saratoga County city of Mechanicville and joined the Marines 18 months ago. He was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and was deployed to Afghanistan in October.His body is expected to be returned to the U.S. on Thursday. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.