Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Capital District News
Mon December 3, 2012
Upstate NY marine killed by gunfire in Afghanistan
A 26-year-old Marine from upstate New York has been killed in Afghanistan. More from WAMC’s Dave Lucas.
Relatives of Lance Cpl. Anthony Denier tell Albany-area media outlets he was killed by enemy fire on Saturday. Denier was from the Saratoga County city of Mechanicville and joined the Marines 18 months ago. He was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and was deployed to Afghanistan in October.His body is expected to be returned to the U.S. on Thursday. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.