Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Mon October 15, 2012
U.S. Seeks Testimony of VA Man in Lesbian Custody Case
A judge says a Virginia pastor must testify before a grand jury investigating the kidnapping of a now-10-year-old girl by her mother, who refused to share custody with the Vermont woman who was once her civil union partner.
Court documents say 46-year-old Kenneth Miller of Stuarts Draft, VA, had asked a judge to quash a subpoena, but he refused. The judge says prosecutors have guaranteed Miller immunity for anything he says before the grand jury.
Miller was convicted in August of helping Lisa Miller flee the country with daughter Isabella in September 2009. The Millers are not related.
Miller's attorney says Miller is scheduled to testify Nov. 15.
There's no word on who the grand jury is investigating.
Lisa Miller and Isabella are believed to be in Nicaragua.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.