Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon October 15, 2012
U.S. Seeks Testimony of VA Man in Lesbian Custody Case
A judge says a Virginia pastor must testify before a grand jury investigating the kidnapping of a now-10-year-old girl by her mother, who refused to share custody with the Vermont woman who was once her civil union partner.
Court documents say 46-year-old Kenneth Miller of Stuarts Draft, VA, had asked a judge to quash a subpoena, but he refused. The judge says prosecutors have guaranteed Miller immunity for anything he says before the grand jury.
Miller was convicted in August of helping Lisa Miller flee the country with daughter Isabella in September 2009. The Millers are not related.
Miller's attorney says Miller is scheduled to testify Nov. 15.
There's no word on who the grand jury is investigating.
Lisa Miller and Isabella are believed to be in Nicaragua.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.