Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
New England News
Fri April 27, 2012
U.S. Senator Brown, Warren to Release Tax Returns
Republican U.S. Senator Scott Brown and likely Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren are planning to release several years of tax returns. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The two campaigns said they'll make the returns public today.
The decision to release the returns followed more than a week of negotiations during which both campaigns haggled over when to unveil the returns and how many years to release.
Both campaigns are also hoping to use the information in the returns to take political jabs at each other.
Brown's campaign has tried to portray Warren as a wealthy out-of-touch liberal elitist while Democrats said Brown's returns will show he's far wealthier than his image of a truck-driving everyman.
The campaign is already well on its way to becoming one of the most expensive Senate contests in the nation this year.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.