Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed May 26, 2004
US Women's Open Brings Sports Stars, Money to Western Massachusetts
By Kelly Wilkinson
South Hadley, MA – Western Massachusetts will host the largest sporting event ever held in the area in July with the US Women's Open. Officials and locals alike are hoping for a record-breaking attendance, which looks possible from ticket sales. This week it was also announced that a rising golf star will join the tournament. More than 100,000 people are expected to attend, which will bring millions of dollars to the area. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.