Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Sun May 21, 2006
Utica During Prohibition
By Geoff Storm & Robert Beach
Utica, NY – During the era of TheGreat Depression, prohibition, and speakeasies, America was a land divided by class & culture. But there was one thing that could bring everyone together- beer. Utica College's "Making History" students, Geoff Storm and Robert Beach found out how one man was able to bridge the ethnic and class gap.