Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon April 14, 2003
Valley Parents Push for Better SBS Prevention
By Lisa Phillips
Poughkeepsie, NY – The Poughkeepsie-based Skipper Initiative is asking the New York State Legislature to declare next week "Shaken Baby Syndrome Awareness week." Though that's likely to happen, another initiative to prevent SBS may take a while to win approval. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Lisa Phillips has more.