Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
Fri September 5, 2008
Veeps Are Stars This Week, But Not for Long
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Major attention has been paid to the vice presidential nominees these past two weeks of political conventions, but the real attention for the next two months will rest on John McCain and Barack Obama, according to pollster John Zogby.
"Vice presidential nominees are good for 72 hours... I suspect that Biden did his job... I think Palin did the same thing. Barring anything really unforeseen, both of the VP nominees head out to the blue highways and back roads, and this is all about Obama and McCain from here on it, starting this weekend," Zogby said.
Palin has captured headlines this week at her major introduction at the Republican National Convention.
"She has really charged up the party faithful, she's become the 'you-go girl' for the Republicans," Zogby said.