Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
New England News
Wed June 25, 2014
Venerable Downtown Springfield Eatery To Close
A landmark restaurant in western Massachusetts is closing.
The Student Prince and Fort Dining Room, a nearly 80 year-old family owned German restaurant in downtown Springfield, will close on June 30th. The owners said the restaurant is no longer profitable and they want to retire. Mayor Domenic Sarno said he is optimistic about a new owner.
"I get the feeling there are bidders out there who are looking to keep the tradition going."
Sarno dismissed suggestions the closing of the landmark restaurant was a black eye for downtown. He said people need to patronize locally owned businesses.