Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Thu November 29, 2012
Vermont Academy That Serves St. J to Expand to Korea
The private Vermont high school that educates students in the St. Johnsbury area is planning to open a campus in South Korea.
St. Johnsbury Academy officials say the school was the first American school chosen to operate at the Jeju Global Education City, which is scheduled to open in the fall of 2015.
The education city is being built on an island off the southern coast of South Korea. The education city was established by the Korean government to help meet an increasing demand in that country for overseas studies and language training.
St. Johnsbury Academy was selected from schools from throughout the U.S.
Academy Headmaster Tom Lovett says he confident the school's comprehensive curriculum and personalized approach to instruction will make it a success in South Korea.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.