Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu November 3, 2005
Vermont Adopts Stricter California Rules on Car Emissions
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont has become the first state in the Northeast to adopt strict car emission standards aimed at reducing global warming emissions from cars. The rules are based on the California emissions standards. Supporters of the move say it is the biggest single thing the state can do to fight global warming. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.