Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu November 3, 2005
Vermont Adopts Stricter California Rules on Car Emissions
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont has become the first state in the Northeast to adopt strict car emission standards aimed at reducing global warming emissions from cars. The rules are based on the California emissions standards. Supporters of the move say it is the biggest single thing the state can do to fight global warming. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.