Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon February 21, 2005
Vermont Anti-smokers Recruit NY Anti-smokers
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont legislators are considering a proposal to end the cabaret exemption in the state's anti-smoking law. The provision allows venues like bars, and bowling alleys that make more than 50% of their revenue from liquor and entertainment sales to permit smoking. VT anti-smoking advocates want the exemption eliminated. They brought an anti-smoking advocate from NY to talk to VT legislators about the NY's experience with the laws that bar smoking in such places. WAMC's Pat Bradley reports.