Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon February 21, 2005
Vermont Anti-smokers Recruit NY Anti-smokers
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont legislators are considering a proposal to end the cabaret exemption in the state's anti-smoking law. The provision allows venues like bars, and bowling alleys that make more than 50% of their revenue from liquor and entertainment sales to permit smoking. VT anti-smoking advocates want the exemption eliminated. They brought an anti-smoking advocate from NY to talk to VT legislators about the NY's experience with the laws that bar smoking in such places. WAMC's Pat Bradley reports.