Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu January 5, 2006
Vermont Attempts to Address Medicare Glitches
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Implementation of the new Medicare D prescription plan for many has been a disaster. Consumers and pharmacies around the country are encountering, and complaining, of a finicky federal computer system administering the program, as well as difficulties contacting the private insurers who are running it. Vermont officials took steps today to try to make sure all seniors are able to get their prescriptions. But WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley found that those working with the new system believe it may take months to fix the glitches in the system.