Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
North Country News
Mon March 18, 2013
Vermont Building Project Costs Labeled "Eye-Popping"
The space is being called gorgeous, but the cost "eye-popping." Vermont lawmakers are applying those terms to office space at the National Life building in Montpelier that has been renovated to house the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources and other state agencies.
Members of the House Institutions Committee say they were given a rough estimate last year that the project to move the Natural Resources Agency into the building, that already housed the transportation and commerce agencies, would cost around $2 million.
The more recent estimate is $8.65 million.
Members of the House Institutions Committee are now looking at ways to avoid similar surprises in the future.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.