Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Fri February 10, 2006
Vermont Campaign Finance Law Nears US Supreme Court Review
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – In 1997, the state of Vermont passed a campaign finance law that restricted both contributions to, and the spending by political candidates. The law was never fully implemented because it immediately faced court challenges. At issue is whether a state can impose such limits on campaign contributions and expenditures. The law's greatest challenge, and one that is being watched nationally, comes later this month when both sides present arguments before the U-S Supreme Court. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.