Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Thu August 30, 2012
Vermont Capital Going With Phase 1 of Heat Project
The City Council in Vermont's capital has given the green light for phase one of a project that would bring Montpelier the state's first downtown heating district.
The plan is for buildings in downtown Montpelier to tie into a newly redeveloped woodchip-fired heating system that serves the Statehouse and surrounding state office buildings.
The Council voted 5-1 Wednesday evening to extend heating pipes from the state boilers east on State Street as far as Elm Street, a couple blocks from the Statehouse.
City Manager William Fraser says the intent is to expand the project through the downtown once the bidding process is complete and costs are known.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.