Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu August 2, 2012
Vermont Chamber Launches Petition Supporting F-35
The Vermont Chamber of Commerce has started a petition drive in support of bringing F-35 fighter jets to the state.
The Vermont Air Guard in Burlington was named as a preferred site for one of the first deployments of the stealth fighters.
Some neighbors of the Burlington International Airport are concerned about noise from the jets, and anti-military activists are lobbying against the planes.
WCAX-TV reports the chamber says landing the F-35 is important to securing the future of the air guard base and the tens of millions of dollars in direct and indirect economic benefits it generates for the state.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.