Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
North Country News
Wed January 30, 2013
Vermont Company Touts Most Expensive Teddy Bear
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is touting what it claims is the world's most expensive teddy bear, just in time for Valentine's Day.
The Shelburne, Vermont-based company has put a $30,000 price tag on the 4½-foot-tall bear that it is calling The Big Hunka Love Diamond Bear.
That's because the bulk of the price is the 5.9 carat, one-of-a-kind "fire rose" diamond ring made by Perrywinkle's Fine Jewelry in Burlington.
The Big Hunka Love bear also comes with a red velvet bowtie.
Vermont Teddy Bear says the Big Hunka Love bear is the most expensive teddy bear the company has ever sold.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.