Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Sun July 21, 2013
Vermont Congressman Discusses Non-Partisan Coalition
Vermont Democratic Congressman Peter Welch is a co-founder and co-chair of the No-Labels Congressional Problem Solvers Coalition. There are now 80 members of the non-partisan group that works to bypass historic gridlock and pass legislation.
Vermont’s lone Congressman talks about what’s motivating his House counterparts to join the Coalition.
The No Labels Coalition announced a legislative reform package of nine bills, including a Welch-sponsored energy efficiency measure.