Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
North Country News
Sun July 21, 2013
Vermont Congressman Discusses Non-Partisan Coalition
Vermont Democratic Congressman Peter Welch is a co-founder and co-chair of the No-Labels Congressional Problem Solvers Coalition. There are now 80 members of the non-partisan group that works to bypass historic gridlock and pass legislation.
Vermont’s lone Congressman talks about what’s motivating his House counterparts to join the Coalition.
The No Labels Coalition announced a legislative reform package of nine bills, including a Welch-sponsored energy efficiency measure.